With WordPress, creating a website is a cakewalk. And with the help of managed WordPress hosting plans, your website maintenance has become super easy. Although the popularity of Cloud hosting is growing day by day. But if you don’t want to mess with any kind of technicality, managed WordPress hosting plans are best for you.
In this article, I will be sharing the top 5 best managed WordPress hosting providers who are doing great in the market. There is no doubt about the demand for WordPress. But when we need to pick between shared hosting vs managed WordPress hosting, many people find managed WordPress hosting costly.
But again, technically if you are not that sound and want to create a blog with WordPress only then you must consider WordPress hosting plans as they are best for WordPress powered websites. Let’s find out how exactly Managed WordPress hosting plans are beneficial for you.
Why Managed WordPress Hosting Plans Are Best?
So, what makes them ideal to host your site? Managed WordPress hosting providers offer various features integrated with your web hosting plan like WordPress installation, security, speed, WordPress updates, daily backups, website uptime, and scalability.
If you are good at handling web hosting accounts, then you can do these things your own. But for the majority of the people who are not technically sound, it’s not easy to manage these things regularly. And that’s where managed WordPress hosting plans are a great fit for them.
Here are a few advantages of Managed WordPress Hosting Plans:
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Automatic Daily Backup
- Server-side cache system to speed up website
- Automatic PHP upgrade
- In-built security system to scan server & fix issues
- The database can be easily optimized
- Servers are specially optimized for WordPress
But the biggest drawback of such plans is their pricing structure. Yes, you will find that managed WordPress hosting plans are comparatively costly. But again, if you need those services to make your life easy then it’s completely worth the price.
Here are a few reasons to pick managed WordPress hosting plans.
- If you want continuous monitoring of your website
- If you don’t have much technical knowledge
- If you want a priority support
- If you want to take the backup, security and other measures automatically
- If you want your WordPress updates to finish automatically
So, if you find these reasons valid and want to pick a plan from the best Managed WordPress hosting providers, then let’s explore 5 such awesome hosting plans.
Top 5 Best Managed WordPress Hosting Providers 2020
Many companies are offering shared hosting plans in the name of the Managed WordPress hosting plan at a very cheap price. So, you need to make sure that you can identify such plans and always compare them with the top hosting providers.
1. WPX Hosting
WPX Hosting is one of the most popular managed WordPress hosting providers. They offer a lot of amazing features to speed up your website.
WPX Hosting offers a lot of features like free Content Delivery Network (CDN) called the WPX Cloud, lots of data centers, high-speed SSD servers, optimized W3 Total cache configuration file, and many more. WPX Hosting has started deploying LiteSpeed servers that deliver higher speeds and better performance.
- Can handle high traffic website without impacting the performance
- Their support is amazing. Provide email, ticket & live chat support
- Affordable pricing structure compared to other managed hosting plans
- 24/7 Malware & Hack Scanning
- Fixed for you guarantee in case of malware attacks
- Their hosting interface is very user-friendly, easy to understand
- Recommended as #1 Managed WordPress Hosting provider by top Marketers
- Daily backups and fully secured
- Free unlimited SSL certificates
- Enterprise-level DDoS protection
- Malware scanning and cleanup
- You can buy their hosting with month-to-month payment options
- Fewer resources in entry plan as per the pricing
- No phone support (but live chat & email is very fast)
- It doesn’t offer you a traditional cPanel
They offer 3 different types of hosting plans: Business, Professional, and Elite. The starting plan costs you $24.99 per month with 5 websites, 100 GB bandwidth, 10 GB disk space along with the dedicated RAM and SSD servers to boost your website loading times. You can read the detailed review of WPX Hosting to know more about their hosting plans.
2. SiteGround Managed WordPress Hosting
SiteGround is a very popular WordPress hosting company and they got very good feedback among beginners. However, when we talk about managed WordPress hosting, we can consider the SiteGround GoGeek plan for this list.
SiteGround GoGeek plan offers all premium features of a high-quality hosting provider and that’s why it is also known as Semi-Dedicated Plan from SiteGround. If you are looking for a cheap managed WordPress hosting plan with a lot of resources, then the SiteGround GoGeek plan is the best.
- #3 in the list of WordPress.org recommended hosting
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL for all plans.
- #1 WordPress Hosting in many Facebook Polls
- Free PCI compliance (for eCommerce).
- Get 40 GB disk space
- Fast Loading SSD drives with the latest PHP 7.4
- Free Cloudflare CDN included (Install in 1-Click)
- Host Multiple Websites on a single account.
- Excellent 24/7 support (Live chat, Phone, etc)
- Free Automatic-backup and restore features.
- Provide SG Optimizer plugin for best server-side cache experience
- 40% faster processor compared to competitors
- A huge 70% discount for first-time buyers
- Even the entry price looks attractive, their renewal price is very high
SiteGround offers 3 different plans under Managed WordPress hosting: StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek. As mentioned already, first 2 plans are best for beginners with shared hosting needs.
But for advanced features and priority support, SiteGround GoGeek is the best Managed WordPress hosting plan. It will cost you $11.95/mo with an initial 70% discount.
3. WP Engine Managed WordPress Hosting Plans
WP Engine is the most popular company in this list of best managed WordPress hosting providers. But we kept them at #3 because of their pricing structure and fewer resources on initial plans compared to others.
They are into this business for a long time. Their Managed WordPress hosting plans are equipped with amazing features for both beginners and developers. But due to cost factors, WP Engine is mostly preferred by small businesses or agencies who can afford to pay high hosting charges. Let’s find out WP Engine pros cons.
- Very popular Managed WordPress Hosting Company
- They offer highly skilled support executives
- For a faster website, they offer EverCache feature
- Automatic fixing of security-related issues
- WordPress Updates Automatically Installed
- Free Automatic-Backup and Restore
- Separate Staging Area for Testing Plugins and Themes
- Get 2 months FREE Hosting with annual billing
- Their support response time is excellent
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL
- Get all StudioPress Themes Free with their plans
- Very expensive for a beginner
- Restrictions of many plugin installations
- Very few resources with every plan
WP Engine offers 3 different plans: The Startup plan (1 site) is $25 / month including 25K visits, 10GB storage, and 50GB bandwidth. Growth (10 sites) is $96 for 100K visits, 20GB storage and 200GB bandwidth. Scale (30 sites), is $272 for 400K visits, 50GB storage and 500GB bandwidth. You can also request them for custom plans as per your business needs.
4. Kinsta Managed WordPress Hosting
Kinsta is another very good Managed WordPress hosting provider who offers amazing servers to get the best speed. They are one of the biggest competitors of WP Engine and considered to be #1 among WP Engine alternatives.
Although they are not that a large company, but with their amazing server technology, good support to customers, and transparency they got a very good reputation in a short period of time. We have shared a detailed Kinsta hosting review that you can check out. Let’s find out the Pros & Cons of Kinsta Hosting.
- Their servers are powered by Google Cloud Platform
- They monitor every website closely daily
- Automatic security scans like malware scans and fixing of issues
- Get Free 1-Click Cloudflare integration with every plan
- Support for Let’s Encrypt, SSH, WP-CPI, Git, and more.
- Transfer unlimited websites to Kinsta for free of cost
- Test various websites using staging and cloning features
- Excellent support with the best response time
- Their pricing structure is confusing with plenty of plans
- Traffic limit in every plan
- The starting plan is costly with very limited or few resources
Kinsta offers 4 different types of hosting plans: Starter, Pro, Business, and Enterprise. As a beginner, you can start with the Starter Plan with 20,000 visits traffic limits, and 10 GB disk space. You can host up to 1 website and it will cost you $30/mo.
5. Bluehost Managed WordPress Hosting
If you are a Bluehost fan, then let me tell you that Bluehost also offers managed WordPress plans besides their popular shared hosting plans. You might have noticed the Bluehost WP Pro plan under the shared hosting plans itself. But in reality, WP RPO is a fully managed WordPress hosting plan from Bluehost.
This plan has lots of additional features compared to others like all-in-one marketing center and dashboard, good SEO features, email marketing features, and social media tools. Let’s find out the Pros & Cons of Bluehost WP PRO Plan.
- #1 Hosting in the list of Best WordPress.org recommended hosting
- Unlimited websites, disk space, bandwidth/traffic.
- Auto installation of premium plugins
- Unlimited traffic, bandwidth or storage limits
- Get 100+ free premium quality themes
- Get automatic-daily backup
- Automatic-Malware detection & removal feature
- The free domain privacy feature
- Free Cloudflare CDN enabled for your site.
- The new Bluehost user-friendly dashboard
- 24/7 customer support.
- Bluehost received many negative reviews recently
- No option to pick data centers
- Acquired by EIG Group of Companies
Bluehost WP PRO offers 3 further plans: WP PRO Build, WP Pro-Grow, WP Pro Scale. You can start with WP Pro Build as a beginner with $19.95 ($29.99) a month for unlimited websites, storage, and bandwidth.
FAQs Related To Managed WordPress Hosting
What is a managed WordPress hosting?
A Managed WordPress hosting is a hosting package where special care is taken to host WordPress websites. This kind of plan has many in-built features like automatic backup, free malware scanning, automatic WordPress update, installed themes and plugins, server-side cache system to speed up a website, etc.
Is managed WordPress hosting worth it?
Managed WordPress hosting is for them who are not able to handle the technical part of hosting accounts like regular security checks, optimizing servers for best speed, and many more. If you want to hire someone for this work, it will even cost more. So, managed WordPress hosting plans are worth the money.
What is the difference between web hosting and WordPress hosting?
As discussed, WordPress hosting plans are best for websites created with WordPress only. But if you want to create a website using other technology like HTML, Asp, etc then it’s better to buy web hosting plans.
Does Managed WordPress Hosting has any traffic limit?
Yes, almost all the managed WordPress hosting plans have traffic limits, disk space limits. If you consume your limit you have to upgrade your hosting plan.
So, if you want to pick the right plan for your business, then these 5 are the recommended and best managed WordPress hosting providers to choose a plan from.
As a beginner, you can start with any of them. However, we would recommend you to start with SiteGround hosting as a beginner. Their hosting service is good, servers are fast and plans are very much affordable as well compared to others. However, if you have a little more budget, then WPX Hosting is a good alternative to SiteGround GoGeek.